Helping You Care for Your New Plants
Our landscape design team and horticulturist take great pride in creating beautiful gardens and seasonal displays for your home or business. Once our work is done, yours begins. Here are some resources to help you care for your new plants, from watering to local experts who you can rely on for plant information.
Please know we are here to help you. Our garden maintenance program, led by our horticulturist, is designed to care for your garden and maintain it during the growing season. Want to learn more? Call us at (847) 866-1930.
- Practical Watering Tips
- When to Water During Drought Conditions
- Smart Watering Tips before You Turn on the Hose
- Watering as We Enter Winter Season
- Help Conserve Water by Creating a Rain Garden or Dry Creek Bed
- The ABC's of Pruning: When & How
- Pruning Your Hydrangeas
- Protecting Your Trees all Winter through Pruning & AntiDesiccation
Local Experts for Learning about & Caring for Plants
- University of Illinois Extension
- Chicago Botanic Gardens to learn about plants and a great place to walk around to see what plants thrive in our area
- Morton Arboretum Plant Clinic
- Missouri Botanical Garden (Missouri is in our same plant zone 5)
- Spring Garden Tips from Greenwise Landscape Designers
- Best Practices to Care for Your Seasonal Displays
Extra Resources for Those of You Who Really Want to Know about Your Plants
- The Botanic Gardens has articles on their website from trials they've conducted on how different plants thrive in our zone
- Want to learn even more about plants? Take a course at the Botanic Gardens or Morton Arboretum.
Our horticulturist teaches classes at the Botanic Gardens
Looking for help that we haven't covered here? Please let us know! Send us an email at email@example.com.