Caring for Annual Seasonal Displays: Best Practices
Now that you have your beautiful seasonal display, here are a few tips to keep it looking its best. And, as always, if you have questions or need help, please call us at (847) 866-1930.
The week after installation (each season)
- Water within 24 hours
- Keep an eye on it in case any material gets uprooted. Rough weather or critters can easily do some damage to displays that have not settled yet.
- If it does, simply fluff and/or press the plant back into place
Season Long (Each Season)
- Ideally dead, dying, and ugly leaves and stems would be checked and removed weekly
- We *highly* suggest signing up for our compost tea Seasonal Display application routine. This will keep your plants health, happy, and vigorous.
Special Fall Instructions
- If you have an irrigation system, please make sure that it is turned off some time in October. Otherwise, you risk freezing the soil and damaging your planter.
Special Winter Instructions
- When your display starts to fade, or you get tired of it, please let us know and we will come and collect the material for you.
*Note that Spring and Fall are short seasons. While beautiful, these plants and their displays will only thrive as long as the weather allows.